Saturday, May 31, 2014

We can do hard things

This weekend has been very bitter sweet.

On the one hand I feel so lucky and so thrilled to be in San Diego this weekend for an awesome Lemondropper workshop. It was amaze-balls! I got to meet up with some of my fellow Droppers, and meet some new ones as well.  These women are so empowering and so inspiring!  We even got a glance at Lady GaGa, yep she's staying at the same resort that we are at!


I learned so much information and I am so excited that I can hardly stand it!! (Insert excited girly squeal!)  I love hearing stories from other people about why they are here, what is bringing us all together in this unbelievable movement.  Because that's what I feel we are all a part of, this movement.  This thing that is so much bigger than us all, but that we are all wanting to share with everyone we know!  Hearing the speeches and heartfelt stories from these women and leaders is invaluable to me.  
Now, the hard part.  

I miss my girls and my boys and my husband terribly.  I miss baby smell, and stinky baby feet, baby smiles and baby laughs.  I miss my husbands hugs and words of encouragement.  I miss hearing my boys come in the garage door and telling me about their day at school.  I missed my son's soccer try outs and school Wax Museum.  It's hard to be a mom to these little people and to be away from them. Luckily my husband sends me pictures like this to make me smile while I'm away!



My husband. 

Seriously, how did I get so lucky??  Not only is he managing the twins on his own while I'm gone for the weekend, but he is doing it with flying colors!  The guy deserves like a purple heart or something!    He's stepping up to do all of the hard things that I can't right now.  Our kiddos are so lucky!!  But my heart hurts for my husband tonight.  Because today he closed an important chapter in his life and I feel horrible that I am not there to help him.  Today he closed down one of his karate studios.  He puts his blood and sweat into his students and his studios, but we couldn't keep this one going any longer, and he had to say goodbye.  That's a pretty big deal.  I know that all of this is happening for a reason.  It's no coincidence to me that we are closing this door at the same time we are walking into another.  It's that crazy ride I was talking about, that we don't seem to have control of.  Seeing this picture of the empty studio kinda hit me in the gut.  But we can do hard things.  And we can make it.  We will make it. 



So now that today is over with, I'm taking some of my best friends, and we are going to bed.  Valor and Cedarwood for a good night's sleep, Stress Away to calm my mind, and Deep Relief because my freaking shoulders are killing me!  



See y'all back in the S.L.C.!!

XOXO

Nikkee





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers, so thank you for commenting. And thanks for visiting!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS