Wednesday, November 19, 2014

365 days

Do you ever wake up and think to yourself "Where in the hell did the last year of my life go?"  Well that's how I'm feeling right about now.

December 2012 was when we set off on our IVF adventure--I say adventure to try and convince myself it was hella fun!!  In March of 2013 we found out we were expecting twins.  And tomorrow, those twins will be 1 year old.  365 days.  52 weeks.  12 months.  525,948 minutes.  And we are still alive.  We survived.  And now here I sit, asking myself how in the hell did that just happen?  Where did all of that time go?  

The last year has been filled with about a gazillion diapers, a ton of poop, like so much poop you guys!  A lot of tears; both babies' and mine.  Probably a thousand bottles a week, not even exaggerating.  A trillion loads of laundry, a million lost binkis, an infinite number of hours of lost sleep, and like zero sex.  Ya, I said it...you don't have a lot of sex with twin babies to look after.  

The good news is that I feel like the hardest part, the newborn stage, is now behind us and we can start to get back to a somewhat normal life--if there is such a thing.  The past year seemed to fly by in the blink of an eye, yet there were days that I felt had lasted a lifetime.  The girls are on the verge of walking and they are into absolutely everything; we have caught them snacking on the dog food more than once.  It's like we have reached our first big hurdle in a metaphorical never-ending race.  Tomorrow our girls will be 1 and we will move on to the next leg of the race.  Tomorrow we will have toddlers.  (dun dun dun)!


November 20, 2013
 November 19, 2014 (birthday eve)


3 comments:

  1. Thank you Nikkee and Jeff, for all that you did to have these beautiful baby girls...I saw the pain in your eyes for every time you were told that you were not pregnant...For the joy when you were...The pain of losing the first baby...The courage to try again and again, and again...For the painful shots and bruises you had to have everyday, that seemed like forever and a day...For allowing me to go with you to every doctor visit to watch their growth in your belly...The beautiful experieances that you and Jeff, let your dad and I have, will never be forgotten...Happy first birthday Capri and Cali...You are so loved ...Love, Nanna and Grandpa:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you are so sweet! I'm so happy that you could come along for the ride! It's been an amazing experience that has changed me forever! Thank you so much for all of the support you guys have given us. We would have been lost without our parents! You guys are amazing and we love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm grateful for all my family...Love you all always!!!:)

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers, so thank you for commenting. And thanks for visiting!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS